Call 000 for ALL fires – never assume a fire has been reported by someone else.
Please evacuate the premises if:
• You are concerned about a fire in the area
• You see or smell smoke/ash
• You hear/receive a warning that the fire weather is ‘EXTREME’ or ‘CATASTROPHIC’ in the area
If you cannot travel safely along Wyadup Road to Caves Road, head for Injidup Beach via Teatree Road and Cape Clairault Road.
Monitor official warnings
Before you leave for the Shack, get notified of bushfire warnings by ‘liking’ or ‘following’ relevant social media channels as per the Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES) information below.
You can find bushfire alerts and warnings at:
You can be prepared:
• Check the warnings and incidents list.
• Listen to your local ABC radio station or 6PR.
• Follow updates on emergency services Facebook and Twitter.
• For recorded emergency info call DFES: 13 33 37. For SES emergency assistance during a storm, cyclone, earthquake, flood or tsunami call: 132 500